59+ YEARS OF EXCELLENCE
"We know batteries" - We offer all major battery technologies, from Lithium-Ion to Sealed Lead, in packs or in single cells.
OUR CORE FOCUS
Rose Batteries helps engineers and supply chain professionals create high reliability technology at scale by effectively designing and efficiently manufacturing excellent quality batteries and chargers.
We help you:
- Lead the complete battery design for your product (Hardware, BMS, etc).
- Scale by providing you with manufacturing and supply chain solutions (U.S. and Mexico).
- Locate your ideal battery out of our 10,000+ options.
We also take pride in our:
- In-depth battery application engineering expertise.
- ISO-9001:2015 certification.
- UN 38.3, IEC 62133, UL, CSA, MSHA etc testing & certification.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We staff with A players that get it, want it and have the capacity to do it!
- We find solutions and solve people's problems.
- We know what we're doing. We're experienced.
- Our people do the right things. We know when to say no.
- You can count on us.
- We do what we say when we say we're going to do it.
- We get stuff done!
- Accuracy and precision matters.
- You'll have peace and mind knowing that we see things through to completion.
- We don't take no for an answer.
- The urgency of now is yesterday.
- We work tirelessly until the problem is solved or the need addressed.
- We work at Silicon Valley speed.
- We recognize that time is most people's most valuable asset and act accordingly.
- If it matters to you it matters to us.
- We take great pride in our work, go the extra mile and beyond the call of duty.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards.
- We don't just find a solution. We find the best solution.
- We anticipate and solve the problem before the problem arises.
- Long-term solutions always trump short-term Band-Aids.
- We are always part of the solution and never part of the problem.
- We fervently believe that Together Everyone Achieves More (TEAM).
- Cell Selection
- Budgetary Quote
- Define Specifications
- Feasibility Assessment
- Quote NRE
- NPD (New Product Design)
- Tooling & Enclosures
- Engineering Samples
- Project Management
- Final steps
- Customer signoff on design
- Quote for Production Volume
- Purchase Order for Production Volume
- NPI (new product introduction)
- PLM (product lifecycle management)
- Efficiency Improvements
- Duplicate production lines
- Supply chain programs
- Transfer to Mexico (if volume high enough)
Unparalleled Engineering Expertise
Unparalleled Engineering ExpertiseFrom battery pack design to project development and manufacturing expertise. We have helped hundreds of engineers develop batteries into countless successful products.
ISO-9001:2015 Certified for 25 Years
ISO-9001:2015 Certified for 25 YearsAll of our processes, most importantly our battery assembly processes, have been carefully designed over many years, are documented, and are available for customer inspection.
Award Winning Battery Management Program
Award Winning Battery Management ProgramWe maximize the life of our customers' batteries while assuring availability for a critical component.
WORLD CLASS SUPPLIERSRose Electronics uses only the highest quality suppliers. The following list represents the best of the best in batteries, power supplies and enclosures.
OUR COMPANY HISTORY
1963 Rose is Founded as an Electronics Distribution Company
Jack Logan, a well known electronics components rep and member of the Electronics Representatives Association (ERA) founds Rose as "Rose Electronics Distributing."
His mission is to help his customers scale production and reduce lead times by stocking critical components.
He names the company "Rose" after his wife, Rose Logan
1988 Rose Becomes a Battery CompanyAfter working in the business for many years, Jack's two daughters Leslie Logan and Paula Byassee become the leaders of Rose. They bring a new perspective and transition Rose from an electronics distribution company to a battery manufacturing company. They partner with Hawker Gates (acquired by Enersys) for Cyclon Batteries and PowerSonic for Lead Acid batteries and with Energizer and Duracell for Alkaline batteries
1994 Rose Is a First Mover In Lithium Batteries
At a time when other battery companies are hesitant to embrace lithium technologies, Rose builds an engineering team to adapt the new technology and becomes a leader in lithium based technologies, developing safe battery designs.
Rose partners with Tadiran and Saft for Lithium Thionyl Chloride (Lisoci2) Batteries
2016 Rose Acquired
After 51 years of leadership by the Logan family, Leslie and Paula retire. They sell Rose to Itamar Frankenthal, an Electrical Engineer and fourth-generation manufacturer.
Mr. Frankenthal's great grandfather, Moses Frankenthal, started the family tradition of specialized manufacturing in the 1920s in Switzerland and Germany. His grandfather, Leo Frankenthal, expanded the family footprint to Asia and his father, Jeff Frankenthal ventured to the United States .
Itamar Frankenthal, brought together the Frankenthal family tradition of high-quality Swiss and German manufacturing and the Logan family's tradition of innovation and technology leadership, helping Rose's customers design and scale.
2017 Rose Acquires Energy Sales
Rose acquired Energy Sales, a leader in battery design and manufacturing for robotics, high-power and high-energy battery packs.
Energy Sales was founded in the heart of Silicon Valley in 1972 by Robert Wilke, an MIT graduate. As an engineer, Bob focused the business on custom design. After Bob's passing, the family wanted the company to continue it's tradition of partnering with engineers and sold the company to Rose.
2019 Expansion of Mexico MaquiladoraRose provides it's customers high-volume low-cost manufacturing by expanding manufacturing to Mexico, benefiting from the advantages of maquiladoras.
2020 Launch of Turnkey Smart Battery Design ServicesRose scales it's engineering team to provide customers full turnkey battery and charger design services. The engineering team expands to include full design, mechanical, electrical, PCB, software, battery management systems (BMS) and test engineering capabilities.
2021 Global Scaling
Rose builds the foundation to rapidly scale.
Rose embraces the philosophy of "We Hire the Best Talent, Wherever They Are in the World" and expands its employee and partner base to Canada, New Zealand, Colombia, Guatemala and the Philippines.
Rose implements a world-leading ERP system, enabling electronic data interface (EDI) with it's fortune 500 customers and implements the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOSTM).